Ex Gov Peter Obi Interview – A Must Read

   
Former Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State   in this encounter with Saturday Vanguard speaks on his legacy, life after governance, APGA and says he pities President Jonathan…. How has life been outside government? I am one person who had never missed any post I occupied in the past. Life itself is transient and so is everything else. It is those that see only permanence in
How has life been outside government?
I am one person who had never missed any post I occupied in the past. Life itself is transient and so is everything else. It is those that see only permanence in appointment that are disturbed once they are relinquished of that either through efflusion of time or any other means. All I have tried to do is to live my normal life wherever I found myself such that on leaving, I will not miss anything.
When I was the governor, I did not use sirens, I carried my bags, checked into hotels myself, bought my tickets and did my bookings. I queued like other Nigerians and flew business and economy classes. Now that I am no longer the governor, basically the same life style goes on. There is nothing to miss. I am one person who does not eat as if I would die tomorrow or build edifices as if I would live forever.



Recently, against your principle, you took the title of Okwute and received award from Champion newspaper.  Was this a change of principle or what?

First of all, let me say that no principle is cast in iron. Events dictate principles at all times. Having said this, let me set the records straight, I have never been against granting honours and dignities to people. All I said was that I would not suffer the epidemic of receiving awards whilst I was the governor as I believe that genuine honours come when one is out of office. Thus, I had to reject hundreds of awards that came by my way. Occasionally I received some. However, at the end of my tenure, all the Traditional Rulers in Anambra came together and said they would honour me with the title of “Okwute” for my service to the State. I accepted it. I also accepted the honour from Champion, because, coming after my tenure, it was evidently not informed by any consideration. This is my stand.

Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget