Ambassador Assam Ekanem Assam (SAN) Finally Declare



The Nigerian Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Russia and Belarus, His Excellency, Ambassador Assam Ekanem Assam  (SAN) has finally declare..... Here's what he wrote on his facebook wall

I have been inundated with calls and messages to the effect that a local radio station and some 'soft sale' tabloids in Akwa Ibom State have been carrying the story that Ambassador Assam has withdrawn from the Gubernatorial race in Akwa Ibom State. I hasten to say that I am contesting the 2015 Gubernatorial Elections. I only declared in my Ward on the 26th of March 2014. I am even yet to publish... my public declaration and they are already talking of withdrawing. The electioneering activities is even yet to start and some lazy folks, who hope for political gains, are already using me to sell themselves. Whoever is telling stories is welcome to await the commencement of official political activities. Those who are worried about my candidature do not need to use me to sell themselves. They can do the obvious, line up to be counted as my supporters rather than hope to contest if I don't. To all my supporters, note that you will hear more of these stories. Don't be daunted. The race is yet to start. You hear the cock that rules in the morning. Those who want to run against me should not hide behind some puerile propaganda. Come out and let the people see and assess you. I have presented myself, don't be a masquerade.

He maintained nobody was capable of faulting the governor when it comes to his infrastructural transformation agenda. He argued that when Akpabio talked about making changes with anger, it did not translate to mean he was an angry man; rather he came and saw the road decay, got angry over it and in the same vein, transformed it.

“I have served in various positions of the government. I graduated as lawyer since 1979 and was called to Bar in 1980. I have played active politics since then, and have represented my people both in the local, State and federal levels most diligently; this you all know. I have represented a lot of you sitting here, my brothers and sisters, in various cases in court and won. I have been an Attorney General of the state; today I am representing the Federal government of Nigeria as an Ambassador of Russia and Belarus. I don’t need to sing my praises; I just want to remind my people of the quality person that you will have to support as a governor of your state. It is my credentials that intimidate other aspirants. That is why some of them want to hide behind somebody to contest election.”

Ambassador Assam said when elected into office, he will transform the state to an industrial renaissance in a few years in office. He said there was no denying the fact that people of the state have complained bitterly about hunger and poverty as one of the indices critically bedeviling the state, a case which he said his administration will pay serious attention to, especially in areas of agriculture, technology, industry and trade.

Assam called on the Diaspora to participate actively in the politics at home to change the thinking and orientation of the people and fight the culture of ethnic politics which is currently raging like wild fire in the state.
Labels:

Post a Comment

[blogger]

MKRdezign

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget